With the release today of ClassJuggler v7.0.2 – which, as always, happens automatically for you (one of the big advantages of using an online service for your class-based business management software) — you, our customers, can expect to see many subtle but helpful changes.
Brand-new features in ClassJuggler
Bounce Back is a new feature that allows you to navigate away from certain screens in ClassJuggler to do actions related to a given workflow or set of steps and then easily “bounce back” to where you were prior to taking that action.
What it will look like: A new Bounce Back button will appear on those related screens. Clicking the Bounce Back button teleports you all the way back to what you were doing before you started this offshoot action, automatically saving any changes or options/selections you made.
Over time, we will likely add the Bounce Back buttons in many places. Initially, you will see the feature from a Customer Portal order to a customer’s account, or to sending a confirmation statement to the customer, and then return back to the original order.
Batch Payment Processing
Where: Billing > Customer Payments: Batch Payment Processing
We mentioned this in our last release. Now, it will be available to all clients.
What you will see: You’ll see a new batch payment option on the Batch Payment Processing screen, which will give you much greater control over what types of transactions you will collect payments for when processing batch payments.
There are now two batch action buttons, instead of one:
- Process Customers – FULL BALANCES (the original way)
- Process Customers – SELECTED CHARGE ACCOUNTS (the new option)
Clicking the new SELECTED CHARGE ACCOUNTS button takes you to an intermediary screen where you select one or more accounts to include in the batch payment run.
if on this intermediary screen you select to, say, only collect on the charge accounts for “Tuition” and “Competition Fee,” only those types of charges would be paid.
Example: Let’s say, in this scenario, that a customer has a balance due of $400.00. This includes $100 in tuition, $40 for registration fees, $60 for merchandise, and $200 for competition fees. After running the batch payment collection, this customer’s credit card would only be billed for $300 –- the $100 in tuition and $200 in competitions fees on their account. The remaining charges on their account would stay unpaid.
Changes and Enhancements
Many existing features in ClassJuggler have been modified or improved. These include:
- Customer Portal: Customer Policies – Added a second tab to the Customer Policies screen for viewing archived policies.
- Customer > Maintenance Page 1 – The “auto-balance” feature has been removed.
Customer > Maintenance Page 2 – The section displaying Policies & Agreements has been modified with tabs to allow viewing of only current or archived policies.
- Customer > Transactions – Created a quick link to the Pre-Pay Billing screen from the Help and Tips Menu. The current customer will be selected when arriving at the pre-pay billing screen.
- Student > Maintenance Page 2 – The section displaying Policies & Agreements has been modified with tabs to allow viewing of current or archived policies.
- Events > Event Template Maintenance – Added more information to the description of policies when they are added to an event.
- Billing > Auto-Balance Manager – This no-longer-needed feature has been removed.
- Reports > Customer > Policies and Agreements – Report updated to allow for reporting on both current and archived policies. The policy selector now contains two sections for selecting current or archived policies. The selector also now notes the policy title, who it applies to, if mandatory or optional, and the ID# of the policy.
- Tools > Customer Portal Orders: Pending Orders – The way orders are processed and reviewed now is much easier to see incoming pending orders by the customer (family) placing the order. This allows you to process an entire order as a unit rather than in bits and pieces as it was done in the past. Other new features on the pending orders includes special customer actions with the new “Bounce Back” feature.
- Tools > Customer Portal Orders: Historical Orders – The new Historical Orders screen make it much easier to review historical orders by the customer (family) who placed the order, now showing color-coded statistics about the order and which class requests were approved, wait listed, or canceled. Other new features on historical orders includes special customer actions with the new “Bounce Back” feature.
- Tools > Customer Portal Orders: Items In Shopping Carts – The presentation of items in shopping carts (not checked out) has also been updated, now linking to a customer record, and shows a selected class as the item.
- Tools > Web Site Tools > Shopping Cart Manager > Pending Classes > Enroll in Class – We improved the way pending orders are compared for priority when processing an order.
- Preferences > Policies – The copy of the Policies screen has been improved, and now shows how a policy is used throughout ClassJuggler. The ID of the policy is also displayed for easier identification of a policy.
- Preferences > Advanced Settings – Removed the option for customer defaults to be auto-balance, as it is no longer needed in the current version.
Several other minor bugs were fixed.
This new version affects all customers using any of the following:
Any questions remaining? Simply contact us and we can answer your questions or walk you through it.