The stats are in; class-based businesses spend on average more than 35 hours a month on administrative tasks related to registering customers, creating student files, signing students up for class, and handling customer payments for fees. This video shows you how to cut those admin costs in half by letting customers do these things all by themselves:
One of the nice things about using ClassJuggler software to simplify the business of running your business is that you never need to download software updates – it’s all online, and all upgrades happen automatically. We periodically upgrade the product to add new features or enhance old ones. Here’s a quick summary of…
Key product improvements from our November 9 update
First, you’ll see a new privilege has been set up for the new Database Maintenance tool.
Second, in the menu path Billing > Customer Payments, you’ll now see a new item: Batch Payment Processing. We’ve added a new batch payment option that gives you much greater control over what types of transactions you will collect payments for when processing batch payments. There are now two batch action buttons:
- Process Customers – FULL BALANCES (the original way)
- Process Customers – SELECTED CHARGE ACCOUNTS (the new option)
Clicking the new button takes you to a secondary screen where you will select one or more accounts that will be included in the batch payment run.
For example, if you select to only collect on the charge accounts for “Tuition” and “Competition Fee,” only those types of charges get paid.
Let’s say a customer has a balance due of $400.00. This includes $100 in tuition, $40 for registration fees, $60 for merchandise, and $200 for competition fees. After running the batch payment collection, this customer’s credit card would only be billed for $300: the $100 in tuition and $200 in competitions fees on their account. The remaining charges on their account would stay unpaid.
Another new item: Tools > Database Maintenance. This new tool allows an administrator at your school to perform a variety of database maintenance tasks. This tool will develop over time to offer additional maintenance features as those capabilities are identified. The first two features are:
- Student Measurements Reset
- Customer Balance Re-Calculator
The measurements tool allows an administrator to reset all student measurements so that they can be entered fresh.
The Customer Balance Re-Calculator tool allows an administrator to verify and re-calculate all customer balances in order to fix any balances in error (rare, but it can happen).
More Changes and Enhancements
Home Base – We’ve added two new alerts to the Action Center: Customer Portal migration alert (temporary alert to assist with migration notifications), and Customer Portal Fixed Registration End Date alert (which will tell you if your fixed end date is in error or expired).
Customer Portal – We made minor improvements to wording in field labels and help screens to clarify information.
Customer Portal > Billing > Make a Payment – Customers can now provide their own payment descriptions. A default description will appear but can be edited by the customer.
Customer > Customer Transactions – Credit and debit payments now have more simplified details, showing:
- What credit or debit card, how the card info was captured (on-file, manual entry, or swiped)
- If the payment came from the Customer Portal
- Transaction ID from the gateway.
Customer Portal payments now also have a second description always coded “Customer online card payment” for ease of identification.
Class > Attendance > Manage Regular Attendance – The attendance system is smarter now. For example:
- If a class has not yet started, it will select the first class date as the attendance date instead of selecting the current day and time.
- Manage attendance now checks to make sure you do not attempt to add attendance entries before the class begin date and time or after the class end date and time. This also works when adding special attendance entries like Try-Outs (Drop-In) and Make-Ups.
- We’ve expanded the class date selector to show up to 24 weeks of classes surrounding the current date (up from 12).
Student > View Attendance – Expanded the initial period viewed from 1 month to 12 months. You can also now view up to three years at a time of special attendance entries.
Billing > Customer Payments: Manual – Clicking on a customer row with a future balance now only populates the current balance due in the amount field instead of the current + future balance amounts. This is to help prevent payments being made against future transactions which causes the display and calculations for a customer account to display incorrect information.
Billing > Customer Payments: Batch – We removed the option to collect balances based on future balances. This was causing balances to be displayed incorrectly, based on how the payments were applied. A change to how payments are made against future transactions will be made in a later upcoming release.
Tools > Customer Portal Manager – We added edits for the Sign In Page address and social media links to ensure the URL is a valid web address.
Help and Links Menu – This is an ongoing project, with this current release having the following edits:
- Updated the online help menu to display all text in green to follow the interface coloring standards for help.
- Restyled the help menu to be smoother for high resolution retina displays.
- Began process of replacing help menus on all screens with new version.
We hope you enjoy the new enhancements! If you have questions about any of these, please feel free to contact us, and we can walk you through the relevant new processes.
Did you know that you can run a report in ClassJuggler to quickly list your Customer Account Balances? The report, which you can generate as a PDF or as a .CSV file (for easy importing into Microsoft Excel) generates a list of all customers and their current account balance and aging.
The customer balances report displays customer balances and aging for a selected group of customers. You can choose to have them displayed by “invoiced” or by “total outstanding balances.” How to get there:
To run the report:
- Select a Report Type from the list
- Select a Report Format from the list
- To only list customers with balances, click the Only show customers with balances due checkbox, and then enter a balance amount of $0.00 or more in the Balances Greater Than field.
- Select either All Accounts or choose a specific Aging period for customer balances. If you want to also include all lower level aging or all higher level aging, select the appropriate option.
- Select “All” or a specific Pay Group to report on.
- Select “All” or a specific Status of customers to report on.
- Select “All” or a specific Category of customers to report on.
- Click Generate Report to run the report.
To get information on this report, here’s the direct link to the Customer Account Balances help page, which you can access from within your ClassJuggler login.
Here’s a good overview of the report types you can run with ClassJuggler as your class-based business management software, such as dance studios, swim schools, martial arts dojos, gymnastics centers, cheer camps, and more.
The August launch of the new ClassJuggler Customer Portal was exciting and has been well-received by our clients. The feedback from them has been overwhelmingly positive. Here are a few tidbits:
- “The mobile [friendly] version totally works for our customers!”
- “The new look is clean and so easy to navigate!”
- “Far fewer parents are getting confused than with the old system. Great job, we love it!”
- “The new registration wizard makes it a lot easier for our parents to zip through registration!”
To current ClassJuggler clients using our legacy customer self-service center:
We encourage current users of the Customer Self-Service Center (which is replaced by the Customer Portal) to begin the migration as soon as possible. As of this day, 30% of ClassJuggler clients have already migrated to the new Customer Portal. But that leaves 70% that still have yet to migrate.
The deadline for all clients to migrate to the new portal is December 15th, 2017. Make sure to migrate soon.
The process is easy, and not time-consuming. And the benefit to your customers is well worth it!
Here’s how to learn more about the Customer Portal and migrating to the new version:
- To see the new Customer Portal in action, from a customer’s perspective, check out this thorough tutorial video.
- Review the Customer Portal Step-by-Step Migration Guide.
- Current clients: Log in to read the migration introductory article on your ClassJuggler Home Base screen.
Need a little extra help after reviewing the migration guide, or have questions? Give us a call and we can answer your questions.
What’s the best way to get more time as a school/class-based owner and boost your profit margin? Simple: Let your customers self-manage their relationship with you from the convenience of your website!
Our powerful Customer Portal tool lets your customers view and update their personal information, view their billing history, shop for classes, make payments, manage student data, view class enrollments, and much more – all with a few clicks or swipes!
The most modern, mobile-optimized, Parent Portal on the market!
Your customers choose a mobile device over a traditional computer 60% of the time, so a completely mobile-friendly and mobile-responsive registration site is a must! Our Customer Portal looks fabulous on every device and is super easy to use, from desktops to the smallest smartphone screen – with no pinching and zooming.
While your website’s Parent Portal pages sit on our servers, your customers will never know it, because you can easily match your ClassJuggler portal pages to your website’s look and feel. For example:
- Customize your welcome page.
- Customize all of your social media links and website links.
- Enable or disable customer portal features.
- Customize multiple listings on the same page.
- Control fonts, styles, colors, and format of your class listings.
- Choose bonus class features appropriate to your type of business (dance school, K-12 school, gymnastics center, cheer camp, martial arts classes, music school, tennis camp, swim school, fitness classes, etc.).
- Eliminate extra paperwork by adding online versions of your policies for customers to acknowledge when they register.
Offer your customers online class enrollment and online class shopping
Forget about expensive and time-consuming mailers; let customers:
- Easily browse your class catalogue in their jammies — from the comfort of their home.
- Filter class views by day, time, instructor, location, etc..
- Add selected classes to a shopping cart.
- Choose optional or required class fees, late fees, and more.
Use our affordable credit card processing add-on service with the Customer Portal to let customers pay online for classes with a mobile device tap or computer mouse click using their credit or debit card, assuring you receive payments on time. No more waiting for a customer’s hand-delivered or mailed-in check!
Ease your burden with self-serve customer accounts
Chop your administrative tasks in half or more by giving your customers control of their own records! With the Customer Portal, your customers can:
- Self-register, creating a new account for themselves without you lifting a finger. A step-by-step wizard makes self-registration a breeze!
- Set up and manage an on-file credit or debit card to allow for convenient one-click payments or ongoing payment schedules.
Since your customer’s information is available to them online at any time, you no longer need to print out or send out confirmation mailings, payment receipts, invoices, or statements. What a time and money saver!
See our parent walkthrough video to see the Customer Portal in action.
ClassJuggler’s reporting tools make it drop-dead easy to put key business metrics in your grasp with just a few mouse clicks, such customer, student, instructor, and class data. This kind of critical at-a-glance information can save you hours of manual reporting work and reduce business risk by identifying gaps or problems.
In ClassJuggler, you can track, sort, and filter all records by dozens of fields, including creation date, category, account, name, day and time, class capacity, and much more.
As well, you can easily generate dozens of professional reports, which you can view online, print as PDF, or export as a .CSV file.
Here are some of the more popular reports:
- Attendance reports
- blank attendance sheets for in-class use as printouts
- Skill sheets
- Class enrollee reports
- Class schedule reports
- Classroom schedules
With each, you can limit reports by day or class times, enrollees, drops, or class type.
Student and customer reports
- Bad address reports
- Missing information reports
- Student lists by status or group
- Student registration, pre-registration, and non-registration reports
Results for each report type are linked to student and customer records for fast updating.
You can run reports on instructors by assigned active classes or in-progress classes, or by other key data, such as students assigned, student scoring records, and more.
- Report on customer account balances (by last invoiced amount due or current net total balance due).
- Create detailed customer payment reports by payment type, in either cash basis or accrual basis.
- Add detailed account categories to your billing reports to view at the detail level or roll-up the totals to the highest level accounts.
If you’re a ClassJuggler client, already managing your school with our software, you can get detailed information about the many reports you can run, and how to do so, here in our help files.
When you’re running a business, nothing is more important than the safety and control of your data. With ClassJuggler’s software for schools and studios, we respect that! We protect your school’s data from improper access, from corruption, viruses, and more. We also give you powerful administrative controls to define system access.
Your school’s data is safe with us
ClassJuggler protects your records using the same data encryption used by Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Dean and Deluca, and other major online merchants.
Sophisticated user security controls are in your hands
Our Advanced User Security system gives you complete control over what access you want to allow or disallow to each of your administrative users.
Set custom user roles
Easily create custom “roles” in ClassJuggler that limit what screens and reports users can access.
- Create an instructor role, limited to managing attendance, skills, and class enrollment.
- Create a bookkeeper role, providing but limiting access to financial screens and reports.
- Or set up a receptionist role with view-only access.
Control access to specific details
ClassJuggler also lets you create role access rules, such as specifying add, update, delete, or view permissions.
For example, you can limit your employees’ access to a customer’s credit card account information while allowing contact information access.
Specify permitted computers
This unique security feature lets you control/limit access to your ClassJuggler administration from a designated computer, or on designated days and times.
The ClassJuggler security system has over 90 specific privileges, each with four individual access levels. And we’re adding more privileges all the time.
Already a ClassJuggler user? Then find specific instructions for configuring your school’s security profiles here:
- Introduction – Security in ClassJuggler
- Manage User Roles
- Manage User Access Control
- Security Administration
- Privilege Access Levels
- System Privileges
- System Roles
Not yet using ClassJuggler’s school or studio business management software for your business? Learn more about ClassJuggler at: