A common scenario every winter: a sudden dump of snow makes roads impassable or dangerous. Or a sudden temperature drop during a rainstorm ices over the roads to your school or other class-based business. You need to get the word out FAST that one or several classes are canceled or delayed. But how?
There’s an easy way: ClassJuggler’s built-in texting tool! This highly customizable tool makes it easy to get timely SMS (text) messages to all or a subset of your customers. And you can filter your text message recipient list by certain attributes so that it only goes to the right audience for your message.
For example, you can specify that your closure message be delivered only to:
- Students or parents of a specific class – like, say, the one class that will be affected
- Classes the meet on a certain day or date, particularly helpful when you know that all classes will be canceled because of the weather event
It’s important to pinpoint your audience not only because it makes your messages more likely to be appreciated but because the mobile device owners for whom that message is not important (such as those who don’t have classes the week of your cancellation) may get frustrated enough to block their phone from receiving messages from you.
How to filter your text message to a specific audience within ClassJuggler
For example, let’s say you want to target your text message to only parents whose children attend a certain class. Simply select the class you want to work with, then choose Send Class SMS Text from the Class menu, as shown below:
Learn more about the ClassJuggler SMS Messaging tool:
You can also use our robust ClassJuggler Help to learn all about SMS Messaging.
And here’s some extra good news; while some of our competitors charge per message for their clients to use their messaging tool, the SMS messaging tool is totally free to ClassJuggler customers, no matter how many students you have.
But wait – I’m not a ClassJuggler client yet!
Learn about how our ClassJuggler products can help your school to run efficiently:
- Swim ClassJuggler
- Cheer ClassJuggler
- ClassJuggler Dojo
- Dance ClassJuggler
- ClassJuggler Fitness
- ClassJuggler K12
- Music ClassJuggler
- ClassJuggler for Franchises
Or simply contact us directly and we can answer your questions.
The stats are in; class-based businesses spend on average more than 35 hours a month on administrative tasks related to registering customers, creating student files, signing students up for class, and handling customer payments for fees. This video shows you how to cut those admin costs in half by letting customers do these things all by themselves:
One of the nice things about using ClassJuggler software to simplify the business of running your business is that you never need to download software updates – it’s all online, and all upgrades happen automatically. We periodically upgrade the product to add new features or enhance old ones. Here’s a quick summary of…
Key product improvements from our November 9 update
First, you’ll see a new privilege has been set up for the new Database Maintenance tool.
Second, in the menu path Billing > Customer Payments, you’ll now see a new item: Batch Payment Processing. We’ve added a new batch payment option that gives you much greater control over what types of transactions you will collect payments for when processing batch payments. There are now two batch action buttons:
- Process Customers – FULL BALANCES (the original way)
- Process Customers – SELECTED CHARGE ACCOUNTS (the new option)
Clicking the new button takes you to a secondary screen where you will select one or more accounts that will be included in the batch payment run.
For example, if you select to only collect on the charge accounts for “Tuition” and “Competition Fee,” only those types of charges get paid.
Let’s say a customer has a balance due of $400.00. This includes $100 in tuition, $40 for registration fees, $60 for merchandise, and $200 for competition fees. After running the batch payment collection, this customer’s credit card would only be billed for $300: the $100 in tuition and $200 in competitions fees on their account. The remaining charges on their account would stay unpaid.
Another new item: Tools > Database Maintenance. This new tool allows an administrator at your school to perform a variety of database maintenance tasks. This tool will develop over time to offer additional maintenance features as those capabilities are identified. The first two features are:
- Student Measurements Reset
- Customer Balance Re-Calculator
The measurements tool allows an administrator to reset all student measurements so that they can be entered fresh.
The Customer Balance Re-Calculator tool allows an administrator to verify and re-calculate all customer balances in order to fix any balances in error (rare, but it can happen).
More Changes and Enhancements
Home Base – We’ve added two new alerts to the Action Center: Customer Portal migration alert (temporary alert to assist with migration notifications), and Customer Portal Fixed Registration End Date alert (which will tell you if your fixed end date is in error or expired).
Customer Portal – We made minor improvements to wording in field labels and help screens to clarify information.
Customer Portal > Billing > Make a Payment – Customers can now provide their own payment descriptions. A default description will appear but can be edited by the customer.
Customer > Customer Transactions – Credit and debit payments now have more simplified details, showing:
- What credit or debit card, how the card info was captured (on-file, manual entry, or swiped)
- If the payment came from the Customer Portal
- Transaction ID from the gateway.
Customer Portal payments now also have a second description always coded “Customer online card payment” for ease of identification.
Class > Attendance > Manage Regular Attendance – The attendance system is smarter now. For example:
- If a class has not yet started, it will select the first class date as the attendance date instead of selecting the current day and time.
- Manage attendance now checks to make sure you do not attempt to add attendance entries before the class begin date and time or after the class end date and time. This also works when adding special attendance entries like Try-Outs (Drop-In) and Make-Ups.
- We’ve expanded the class date selector to show up to 24 weeks of classes surrounding the current date (up from 12).
Student > View Attendance – Expanded the initial period viewed from 1 month to 12 months. You can also now view up to three years at a time of special attendance entries.
Billing > Customer Payments: Manual – Clicking on a customer row with a future balance now only populates the current balance due in the amount field instead of the current + future balance amounts. This is to help prevent payments being made against future transactions which causes the display and calculations for a customer account to display incorrect information.
Billing > Customer Payments: Batch – We removed the option to collect balances based on future balances. This was causing balances to be displayed incorrectly, based on how the payments were applied. A change to how payments are made against future transactions will be made in a later upcoming release.
Tools > Customer Portal Manager – We added edits for the Sign In Page address and social media links to ensure the URL is a valid web address.
Help and Links Menu – This is an ongoing project, with this current release having the following edits:
- Updated the online help menu to display all text in green to follow the interface coloring standards for help.
- Restyled the help menu to be smoother for high resolution retina displays.
- Began process of replacing help menus on all screens with new version.
We hope you enjoy the new enhancements! If you have questions about any of these, please feel free to contact us, and we can walk you through the relevant new processes.
This is exactly how we feel when we see that some of our clients have not yet taken advantage of the free upgrade from the old Customer Self-Service Center product to its new, snazzy replacement: The Customer Portal. The new version is so much easier for your customers to use – 100-percent mobile device friendly, for instance – that your customers will be able to self-register, sign up for classes, and even pay for classes all by themselves , saving you time and money.
Like switching from rollerskates to a car. That much better.
Which is why we regret to say that this will be the…
Final Customer Portal Migration Reminder
The deadline to migrate to the new Customer Portal is rapidly December 15, 2017. The old Customer Self-Service Center will no longer exist after December 15, so you need to upgrade right away. It’s easy to migrate from the old system to the new, and takes very little of your time.
What happens if I don’t migrate on time?
If you haven’t taken the necessary steps, ClassJuggler will automatically migrate all clients who have the legacy Customer Self-Service Center and haven’t yet migrated to the new Customer Portal. We will also disable the old Customer Self-Service Center system.
At a glance, this may sound like a good thing, but it likely is not. Here’s why:
- You may not gain all new features of the Customer Portal when we complete your migration.
- Links to the old Self-Service Center on your website that have not been updated will direct your customers to the wrong address. The old address will display an alert page, for a short period of time, that will tell your customers your portal has moved, and to contact you to correct your links.
To prevent this from happening, take steps right away. Download the Step-by-Step Migration Guide to quickly and easily migrate to the new Customer Portal.
- Contact our support team if you need help with your migration.
- We had launched a donation matching program for those who would donate to Red Cross to aid victims of the summer hurricanes; and
- We were offering a 50% discount off our monthly fee to those clients whose businesses were negatively impacted by the hurricanes.
What motivated ClassJuggler’s Jon Koerber to do this?
“I felt we needed to do something to support the needs of the literally millions affected by the record-breaking rains and flooding,” Jon explained. “So many of our own customers in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and Puerto Rico were being directly hurt by facility damage and lost income. So I felt this two-pronged approach – a rate discount and a donation matching program — would not only help the schools we support with ClassJuggler’s software for class-based businesses but would motivate others to give to the Red Cross, who has a reputation for getting support to individuals who need it the most.”
Alicia Extreme Dance Academy’s damages:
As you may know, certain Caribbean islands took the brunt of some of the storms. This proved true for ClassJuggler client Alicia Extreme Dance Academy, who shared their story with us in words and pictures.
“We sincerely hope her story and her photos here will motivate our clients, and anyone who reads this, to dig a little deeper to provide further donations to those we have already heard about and responded to with our matching donations program,” Jon added.
Ceiling panels throughout the facility were destroyed by rain pouring in through the roof:
“Our hearts go out to Alicia and all of her staff and family – and all our other clients affected by the recent spate of hurricanes,” said Jon. “We realize this is a terribly difficult time for them and want them to know that ClassJuggler cares!”
While many of us not affected by the storms have moved on and the news media has found other topics to focus on, clients and individuals in these affected areas continue to struggle with making ends meet, as Alicia’s story shows.
“We are encouraged by the donations our customers have made already, and hope that many more will join in this effort,” Jon Koerber added.
Don’t forget to tell us about it so we can fulfill our 50% match offer. We encourage you to continue to donate by visiting the Red Cross donation website. Please contact us for more information on our relief efforts and how to participate.
To learn more about Alicia Extreme Dance Academy, check out:
- Their website: https://www.axdapr.com
- Alicia Extreme Dance’s YouTube channel
- Alicia Extreme Dance on Instagram
To learn more about ClassJuggler, check out:
Did you know that you can run a report in ClassJuggler to quickly list your Customer Account Balances? The report, which you can generate as a PDF or as a .CSV file (for easy importing into Microsoft Excel) generates a list of all customers and their current account balance and aging.
The customer balances report displays customer balances and aging for a selected group of customers. You can choose to have them displayed by “invoiced” or by “total outstanding balances.” How to get there:
To run the report:
- Select a Report Type from the list
- Select a Report Format from the list
- To only list customers with balances, click the Only show customers with balances due checkbox, and then enter a balance amount of $0.00 or more in the Balances Greater Than field.
- Select either All Accounts or choose a specific Aging period for customer balances. If you want to also include all lower level aging or all higher level aging, select the appropriate option.
- Select “All” or a specific Pay Group to report on.
- Select “All” or a specific Status of customers to report on.
- Select “All” or a specific Category of customers to report on.
- Click Generate Report to run the report.
To get information on this report, here’s the direct link to the Customer Account Balances help page, which you can access from within your ClassJuggler login.
Here’s a good overview of the report types you can run with ClassJuggler as your class-based business management software, such as dance studios, swim schools, martial arts dojos, gymnastics centers, cheer camps, and more.